Custom Search

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Travel Junkie

Its nice to know that celebrities are doing nature adventure. They give inspirations to young generations, who look up to them.


The VJ-turned-actor Purab Kohli talks about his penchant for travel and exploring new places

Purab Kohli, better known as Killer Drummer- KD for his rocking performance in the smash hit of the year, Rock On!! started his career as a model and earned recognition through video jockeying on Channel [V]. After a brief stint in acting in serials like Hip Hip Hurray, came his rendezvous with Channel [V]. The boy-next-door look and the shy smile is what got him his debut film, Bas Yun Hi with Nandita Das. But Rock On!! has sure lent him celeb status. “It is such a welcome change! These days wherever I go, people recognise me and I get half- confused smiles. The female adulation is something that is completely new!” says the excited actor, who incidentally is happily married!

Channel [V], he says is the best thing that had happened to him. While he was VJing, he also did a couple of adventure travel shows like [V] On the Run that he enjoyed thoroughly. In real-life too he has travelled extensively all over the world. Apart from acting, he enjoys going for hiking trips, swimming and photography. And recently, playing the drums.

Talking about his passion for photography he says, “Well, my interest for photography grew while I did the travel show for channel [V]. I love taking pictures, so on one of my trips I bought myself a really good camera. But recently I haven’t had the time to really keep it up,” he admits sheepishly. Speaking about his adventure trips he says, “I love to travel and see new places. It is such an exhilarating experience to travel to new places.”

He says that his passion for travelling dates back to his childhood. “It all started when I was at a boarding school in Pune. My father, owned a hotel in Lonavla. When I went there for my vacations, I would spend all the time trying to discover new places. There was no other means of entertainment at that time and I got bit by the travel bug then.” And since then there has been no looking back. “I make it a point to take time out every year and travel to an exotic location. Initially due to the nature of my job, I had the liberty to travel more than once a year but I haven’t had the time to do that lately,” he elaborates.

His most memorable trip till date has been his road trip to Spain. He travelled all throughout the south coast of Spain. Another trip that he remembers fondly is when he took-off to the North East region of India, a few years ago. Though he maintains that his favourite trekking spots are mostly in and around Mumbai - Karjat, Lohagad, Visapur and Rajmachi are the places he has been to a lot of times. “It gets a little boring , if you have to trek alone so it is always nice to have company. My dad is my favourite travel companion. I love spending time with my dad” he informs.

Though he isn’t a professionally trained mountaineer, he has always wanted to apply to institutes that cater to adventure activities. “Someday I want to enroll myself at the Nehru Mountaineering Institute in Himachal Pradesh. It is a one-month course and I will do it as soon as I get time” he concludes.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment